Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you want to learn how to open a coconut? Need help finding the perfect coconut to open? Take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions below for answers. You'll be on your way to enjoying 100% pure and natural coconut water in no time.
Your MetalCoco will arrive with clear instructions on how to open a coconut. Follow these steps to open a young, green coconut safely and easily:
- Wash your MetalCoco thoroughly with soap and water before and after use
- Place a young, green coconut on a sturdy surface like a table or countertop
- Hold the coconut with one hand and puncture the coconut’s crown with the MetalCoco. Keep your fingers away from the cutting edge.
- Twist the handle grip to create a small hole and carefully pry MetalCoco away from the coconut
- Drink your fresh coconut water with a straw or pour it into a glass!
Yes, MetalCoco is specifically designed to open young, green coconuts. Young green coconuts contain about 11 ounces of coconut water, whereas mature, brown coconuts contain fatty coconut meat.
No. MetalCoco is designed to open fresh, green coconuts. Brown, hairy coconuts are mature, meaning they have little to no coconut water.
Go to your local grocery store or market and pick up a heavy green coconut. Shake the coconut and listen carefully. You shouldn’t hear any water moving around. If you do hear water moving around, keep looking as that coconut has matured.
Yes! MetalCoco is made of 100% food grade stainless steel.
Yes! MetalCoco is very easy to use. Your physical size and strength should not impact your ability to use a MetalCoco as long as you don’t have a debilitating condition. Make sure to follow our instructions on how to open a coconut for best results.
Always wash your MetalCoco by hand with soap and water before and after use. Hand dry.
Yes! Our customers have ordered several MetalCocos for their parties and as gifts. MetalCoco is a great addition to tropical themed parties. The coconut opener is also a thoughtful gift for people who enjoy natural, refreshing beverages. Please share our instructions on how to open a coconut with your family and friends before they use their MetalCoco.
Minors should only use MetalCoco with careful and strict adult supervision. Keep away from small children.
Yes! We ship to customers all over the world. Shopping costs and times may vary. We are working hard to secure international distributors and warehouses to streamline the ordering process for our international customers.
Yes! We know you’re going to love your MetalCoco. That’s why we offer them risk free with a 90-day money back guarantee. If you have questions about your MetalCoco, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read all warnings and instructions before use.
- Use only as directed.
- Wash all tools thoroughly with a sponge or scrub brush before first use.
- Do not use with brown, mature, hairy coconuts.
- Neither Metalcoco LLC, the inventor, designer, nor manufacturers are liable for any misuse of this product.
- Clean thoroughly before first use.
- MetalCoco, LLC makes no claims to this product's safety or effectiveness in opening any other kind of coconut or food besides young, fresh and green coconuts.
- Keep away from small children. Minors should only use with careful strict adult supervision.
- Use only on a sturdy countertop or table.
- Keep fingers away from cutting edge at all times, especially during use and while prying off the MetalCoco from the coconut crown.
- Hold handle grip securely.
- Do not operate under the influence of drugs or alcohol. MetalCoco can be dangerous if misused.
- In humid conditions, condensation may form on coconuts, causing them to become slippery. If the coconut is wet, use extra caution as well as a dry towel to grip the coconut while prying the MetalCoco out. Slippage of the coconut during use may cause bodily injury.